From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Better Splash Screen?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:16:36 GMT
I am in HUGE favor of creating a Splash Screen plugin (iOS does this
already, it looks like Simon is going down that path) that we make work
consistently across platforms.

Would be a good exercise in plugin authoring, something that we need to
work out details for for 2.0 anyways (but that's a separate thread).

Finally: the JS for the Splash Screen plugin would be dead simple. At its
simplest:

cordova.onDeviceReady.subscribeOnce(function() { exec(function(){},
function(){}, 'splashscreen', 'hide', []); });

Or, more complex, we could expose as a core cordova API and offer APIs for
showing and hiding.