From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Better Splash Screen?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:32:23 GMT

>Woah, hold up:
>
>"The only downside is the dialog does not fully cover the screen."
>
>Not in a spot to test this yet but how much is covered / how big is
>the visual change?
>
>If its at all different would we not want to deprecate the old
>functionality and warn of the new behavior?
>
>Final thought, perhaps we could consider axing splash screens
>altogether. It kinda should be handled by the client code and not the
>native side, imo.

Although I agree with you on this point, the native implementations are
not a point yet where client HTML can handle this properly - we already
have a few "white flash / black flash" issues filed with the native impls
not showing the splash screen early enough / hiding it too early causing
flashes.

Even BB webworks does something like show an image until the web view
boots up (under the hood).