From Filip Maj <>
Subject Re: JS: tagged 1.6.1
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 23:42:20 GMT
I see the issue.

fireDocumentEvent looks at the documentEventHandlers and checks if
something exists in that object with the name of the event. We never
actually register resume or pause channels with the
"documentEventHandlers" object, so calling firedocumentevent will never

Android just requires the channel module directly and fires the proper
onResume / onPause channels [1].

This is implemented inconsistently. We should do something one way and
stick to it. Either have:

- cordova.js create the resume + pause channels and register them using
the addDocumentEventHandler [2] method, and have native side call
cordova.fireDocumentEvent, OR
- keep the manual creation of the pause/resume channels [3], and have
native call cordova.require('corodva/channel').(onPause || onResume).fire()

On 4/16/12 4:30 PM, "Shazron" <> wrote:

>I'm failing two manual tests. Step 1 of
> - I'm not getting pause
>and resume events for some reason, but all other events are fine.
>I've verified I'm getting the lifecycle events in native, but when
>calling to javascript "cordova.fireDocumentEvent('pause') " and
>"cordova.fireDocumentEvent('resume') " - none of the my callbacks are
>receiving the event.
>Any clue? I see there are overrides for document.addEventListener that
>special-case these two events though, not sure what's going on in
>there yet. Debugging.
>On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Joe Bowser <> wrote:
>> Re-tagged Android at 1.6.1, somehow the JS was already changed.  Creepy!
>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Filip Maj <> wrote:
>>> Do what you need to do, team.

View raw message