From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Getting rid of the bin directory
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:53:48 GMT
We're trying to figure out what the command line tooling is gonna look
like [1], it is not yet clear if we will be managing the various
build/platform tasks on a per-platform basis, or if we're going to unify
it all under a different project.

Until that decision is made I don't think we should touch the scripts.

>The fact is that someone should own the tooling
>for all the platforms, and this shouldn't be in the Android or iOS
>repositories because they will get ignored.  That's why I want to delete
>it/move it/find another home for it.

I don't buy the notion that build scripts for each platform will be
ignored by platform maintainers. Almost any library has a build script
that automates common tasks. Almost any project I work on has some manner
of automation that is necessary, and should not be ignored.

My 2 cents.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommandLineToolingDesign