From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: 1.6.1
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:38:28 GMT

>The problem is that this parameter doesn't belong in the common API. It'd
>be just ignored in Android, but the whole point of cordova-js is so that
>it's common.  It'd look pretty screwed up to add this to the docs, IMO.

Agreed - it'd also be ignored on all the other platforms other than iOS.

I'm just confused as to which bugs this fixes / why we need to change the
cross-platform API to fix a platform-specific bug?

Moving forward if we change the public API to a method we need to always
update the docs (what it's for and which platforms support it, at the very
least). This is at a _minimum_ in my mind. What's preferential to this is
to actually extend the other platforms to support the new API addition.