incubator-callback-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Chicken and the Egg: Proposed process for Corodova JS releases
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:34:55 GMT
I'm in the process of testing the latest BB code so I'll let you guys know
soon how we're looking there.

Is that the last thing need before we're all good to tag this release?

On 4/10/12 8:30 AM, "Simon MacDonald" <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think we should delete all the 1.6.0 tags. We haven't released any
>build artifacts from 1.6.0 so there shouldn't be a problem with that.
>So I agree with Fil's steps.
>
>Simon Mac Donald
>http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>
>
>
>On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>> I like the general process Joe lays out.
>>
>> I'm not sure how vendoring-in a tagged cordova.js file is error prone
>> though, Bryce. Is it just the manual process of checking out a tag in
>> cordova-js, building, and copying the file over to the platform
>> implementation? If this is the concern then certainly, the release tool
>> should be set up to do that automatically.
>>
>> For some reason 1.6.0 tag in cordova-js was added 4 days ago, but
>>1.6.0rc2
>> was added ~ 1 day ago. Not sure what happened there.
>>
>> In light of the tags not being ordered properly and the file seek bug
>> creeping in, I propose, just for the 1.6.0 release, that we:
>>
>> 1) Delete the old 1.6.0 tag in cordova-js.
>> 2) Retag cordova-js 1.6.0 to the latest commit (that includes the file
>> seek bug fix) - now our tags are at least in the right order
>> 3) rebuild, reintegrate into platforms
>> 4) unfortunately, retag the platform implementations 1.6.0
>>
>> If retagging is too unholy then f it, I say we tag everything 1.6.1.
>>
>> On 4/10/12 7:19 AM, "Bryce Curtis" <curtis.bryce@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>As Joe eluded to, checking cordova-js into the various platform
>>>repositories holds up the release.  It is also error prone - not to
>>>mention pushing to each repository every time there is a change takes
>>>a lot of time & can get out of of sync.
>>>
>>>Any thoughts on having the release build script handle this?  As far
>>>as during normal development and testing, we are all building
>>>cordova.js anyway, and keep current in our own ways.
>>>
>>>On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Simon MacDonald
>>><simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> I just fixed what seems to be a zero day bug in our implementation of
>>>>the
>>>> FileWriter. If possible it would be good to get this bug fix into all
>>>>the
>>>> platforms as it was part of the Common JS code.
>>>>
>>>> Simon Mac Donald
>>>> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> iOS tagged 1.6.0
>>>>> I'll tag cordova-js and cordova-docs once BB reports everything is ok
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Jesse MacFadyen
>>>>><purplecabbage@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>> > Wp7 tagged 1.6.0
>>>>> >
>>>>> > Cheers,
>>>>> >  Jesse
>>>>> >
>>>>> > Sent from my iPhone5
>>>>> >
>>>>> > On 2012-04-09, at 5:13 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>> >
>>>>> >> Android has been tagged 1.6.0.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Jesse MacFadyen <
>>>>> purplecabbage@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >>> Wp7 is good with using cordovajs. Go for your life!
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> Cheers,
>>>>> >>> Jesse
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> Sent from my iPhone5
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> On 2012-04-09, at 4:54 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>>> Tag now? I can tag
>>>>> >>>>
>>>>> >>>> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Simon MacDonald
>>>>> >>>> <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> >>>>> +1
>>>>> >>>>> On Apr 9, 2012 5:13 PM, "Joe Bowser" <bowserj@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>> >>>>>
>>>>> >>>>>> Hey
>>>>> >>>>>>
>>>>> >>>>>> Since both iOS and Android are waiting on Cordova
JS to be
>>>>>tagged
>>>>> 1.6,
>>>>> >>>>>> since we need to test the tagged js before we
can release 1.6,
>>>>>and
>>>>> >>> since
>>>>> >>>>>> those tests could fail and cause us to have
to make changes to
>>>>> Cordova
>>>>> >>> JS,
>>>>> >>>>>> I propose that we do the following to get this
thing released.
>>>>> >>>>>>
>>>>> >>>>>> Cordova-JS tags with a 1.6.0rc2
>>>>> >>>>>> The other platforms test the 1.6.0rc2 JS.
>>>>> >>>>>> If the tests pass, we tag both cordova-js 1.6
and cordova 1.6
>>>>> >>>>>> if the tests fail, we tag the platforms 1.6.0rc2,
and we work
>>>>> through
>>>>> >>> the
>>>>> >>>>>> bugs.
>>>>> >>>>>>
>>>>> >>>>>> Does this make sense to everyone? We're kind
of in a chicken
>>>>>and the
>>>>> >>> egg
>>>>> >>>>>> thing right now with this release, and it's
starting to hold
>>>>>us
>>>>>up a
>>>>> >>> bit.
>>>>> >>>>>>
>>>>> >>>>>> Joe
>>>>> >>>>>>
>>>>> >>>
>>>>>
>>


Mime
View raw message