From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Chicken and the Egg: Proposed process for Corodova JS releases
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:20:10 GMT
I like the general process Joe lays out.

I'm not sure how vendoring-in a tagged cordova.js file is error prone
though, Bryce. Is it just the manual process of checking out a tag in
cordova-js, building, and copying the file over to the platform
implementation? If this is the concern then certainly, the release tool
should be set up to do that automatically.

For some reason 1.6.0 tag in cordova-js was added 4 days ago, but 1.6.0rc2
was added ~ 1 day ago. Not sure what happened there.

In light of the tags not being ordered properly and the file seek bug
creeping in, I propose, just for the 1.6.0 release, that we:

1) Delete the old 1.6.0 tag in cordova-js.
2) Retag cordova-js 1.6.0 to the latest commit (that includes the file
seek bug fix) - now our tags are at least in the right order
3) rebuild, reintegrate into platforms
4) unfortunately, retag the platform implementations 1.6.0

If retagging is too unholy then f it, I say we tag everything 1.6.1.