From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Getting rid of the bin directory
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 16:51:34 GMT
OK, first of all, they aren't build scripts.  They don't build Cordova, the
ant scripts in framework build Cordova.  These are helper scripts that
generate Cordova projects, which now really only automate six things:

1. Running the Android Command Line Tool
2. Running ant jar
3. Copying ant jar into the libs directory of the generated project
4. Copying Android Manifest
5. Copying the res/xml directory
6. Copying the latest version of cordova js into assets/www

Now, an XML file in these scripts have caused 1.6.1 to exist, which has now
been extended to Monday, and have thrown the release schedule out of whack
such that it looks like I'll have to delay CordovaWebView to 1.8 because it
probably won't be ready by the end of the month.

I don't think moving this into ant is a good idea, and these helper scripts
belong in some tooling repository separate from the Cordova project.
 However, since it's been decided that they have to live in the Android
repository, that's where they're staying, which means that similar bugs
will probably happen again when we're trying to get another release out
unless someone keeps an eye on it. I'd rather have it be someone who is
invested in having these scripts work than someone who is not.