From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Back Key events and Reality
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:32:55 GMT
OK, here's what happened.

When I currently work on Cordova, I run the project as an activity, and not
as a jar.  This is done for convenience because I've had jars lose sync
with the code that I'm debugging in Eclipse in the past.  However, what
this means is that I don't have a working back button.

Activity has a default behaviour for the back button.  This default
behaviour is defined by onBackPressed and onKeyDown when you extend an
activity, which is of course that the application would exit.  Therefore,
one would assume that since any class that uses the jar extends DroidGap
and that since DroidGap is extending Activity that the class would extend
Activity by virtue of it being a DroidGap class.

In reality this is wrong, and somehow through some voodoo the onKeyUp event
work even though it shouldn't because the App should have ran the
Activity's onKeyDown and onBackPressed.

In short, I have to use the bin/create scripts because Java inheritance
doesn't seem to work the way I thought it should.

Joe

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Simon MacDonald <simon.macdonald@gmail.com
> wrote:

> That's ominous.
>
> Simon Mac Donald
> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > OK, let's revert the changes.  It looks like I'm going to have to change
> > how I work on this project.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Actually the latest master breaks back button on my galaxy nexus too.
> > >
> > > I'll run through the tests and help out with this.

> were
> removed
> > it

> > KEYCODE_BACK