From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] CordovaWebView - Reviewing CordovaInterace (Plugins, WebView methods, Docs, OH MY!)
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:06:21 GMT
Hey

I'm currently working on the refactor right now, and I'm finding that with
the agreed design that we're doing right now that I'm going to have to make
changes to the CordovaInterface, since I don't think we were using it the
right way.  This change may break plugins, but I think that there are major
benefits to the change.

Currently, we have a bunch of Context related code that is related to
activity, or code that is WebView related in the Interface that should be
in the CordovaWebView or removed for being just plain redundant.  It'd be
good to boil down the Interface so that it only has the APIs that plugin
and native developers care about, namely the startActivityForResult and
Callback registration methods that handle callbacks to plugins.

How do people feel about reviewing and formalizing an API for Plugin and
Native devs in Android sometime in the next week? I'd really like for us to
be able to promise some hooks so that we can avoid breaking things for
people if we can.

Joe