From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Bada 1.2 & 2.0
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 00:09:08 GMT
Hi all,

I messed up while renaming everything from PhoneGap to Cordova and now
everything is broken in the current release.

I fixed it and re-tagged it 1.6.0

I don't know if we should re-release 1.6.0 without re-tagging the other
platforms to 1.6.1 like we did for the docs. I vote for YES.

This is for Bada 1.2 which is no longer supported by Samsung (not
downloadable from their website) but there are still a lot of phones out
there running that version such as the Samsung S8530 Wave II

For Bada 2.0 I've been working on my own repository on
github<https://github.com/imhotep/cordova-wac>.
I could have created a C++ <-> Javascript bridge as they made it
easier<http://developer.bada.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.osp.cppappprogramming.help/html/tutorials/web_tutorial/using_javascriptbridge.htm>in
2.0 but I decided to use their WAC implementation and just wrap the
WAC
calls in Cordova calls. That is why it deserves its own repository.

I opened an INFRA <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4612> ticket
to get a repository set up but I can't assign it to anyone so the ticket is
just sitting there for now.

It's a full Javascript implementation with no exec and I am not sure how
that would fit in Cordova JS. The WAC spec supports a lot of the
features<http://specs.wacapps.net>that Cordova supports and more.

Maybe use the common JS and implement an exec like
webworks/plugin/webworks/manager.js ? It seems like the fastest path to me
to get it included.

I'd love to get Bada 2.0 support in Cordova 1.7.0 and if I could get it to
use the common JS that would be even better.

I am going to be working on the getting started guides for both platforms
this week.

So to sum up:

Should we create a new release for 1.6 with my fixes ?
Any thoughts on how to include Bada 2.0 / WAC in Cordova JS ?

Anis