From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coho script
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 04:53:51 GMT
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even though I +1'ed above - I like the idea of each repo being
> "buildable" without any other dependencies, even though it's a dupe. I
> realize this is another step for maintainers adding the script in, but
> hopefully adhering to a release checklist will help somewhat.

Jesse and Shaz, I don't see it as being a hardship that you'd need to do
build the JavaScript code then the platform specific code. However, if
folks are worried about introducing a dependency the way I'd solve it, at
least on Android, is to have the ant build script pull and build the latest
JavaScript code. That way you always get the latest JS code and you don't
have to check it into your platform specific repo.

> One (tiny) possible problem with the release script auto grabbing the
> latest tagged js is, there is a possibility that it just might contain
> new changes that hasn't been tested which the maintainer has not
> signed off on (ie tested). But we might be able to mitigate this by
> always releasing a rc build that gets tested again, before the
> "official" release.

I don't see that as being a problem, rather I see it as an improvement. If
we are going with a common JS across all the platforms then each of the
platform specific cordova.js should be built with the same set of commits.
The way things are now where we build in check in the js to each platform
may/does result with the iOS version being 3 commits ahead of the
BlackBerry one, for example. That just smells wrong to me.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald