From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Back Key events and Reality
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:26:36 GMT
The reason we switched to keyUp is so you could slide your finger off the
up button in case you changed your mind about clicking on the back button.

I noticed that you checked in:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-android.git;a=commit;h=180696baec28d6e6b67e8bb23a5302f21bce6b79

On my Samsung Galaxy Note running Android 2.3.6 the back button does not
work. That is when I do not regisiter for a "backbutton" listener and I
expect that when I click the back key that my app would exit. With our fix
the back button doesn't exit the app. I have to click the home button to
exit.

Reverting your change returns the back button behaviour to normal. So
something is still janky. I haven't been able to test it on my phone as I
can't convince it to be recognized on my laptop.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald