From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coho script
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:24:08 GMT
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 23:21, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > One (tiny) possible problem with the release script auto grabbing the
> > latest tagged js is, there is a possibility that it just might contain
> > new changes that hasn't been tested which the maintainer has not
> > signed off on (ie tested). But we might be able to mitigate this by
> > always releasing a rc build that gets tested again, before the
> > "official" release.
>

> +1.  This seems like common sense, but the rush we have at the end of a
> release cycle leaves me wary of issues that may drop in, in these final
> moments.

Yes, this is what I would like to see as well. For example:

1) 1.7.0rc1 is tagged.
2) three new fixes are checked into the common JS
3) 1.7.0.rc2 is tagged.
4) one new fix is checked into the common JS
5) 1.7.0rc3 is tagged
6) Everyone is good, no new fixes are needed in common JS.
7) 1.7.0 is tagged which is equal to 1.7.0rc3, thus ensuring the latest JS
has been tested/vouched for.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald