From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coho script
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:20:50 GMT
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm I believe each repo builds off a tag (or should), so I don't see
> where you think for example the iOS version can be X commits ahead,
> they should be identical. I know its a "sync" problem among N
> maintainers which can be a nightmare. But the possibility I brought up
> is still real - you can get a version out there that is not
> tested/vouched for.

Well let me give you a very real example of what I'm talking about. If you
were to download the 1.6.0 release from PhoneGap.com you and inspect the
.js files delivered from each platform you will find that if you search for
the last fix before 1.6.0 was tagged:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-js.git;a=commit;h=91bcaf73e3c3af82045c7d07ff0b53534e462937

Blackberry includes the fix.
Android does not.

So there you go, on our last release we succeed in putting out versions of
the platform's JS that have obviously been built with a different numbers
of commits.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald