From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: board report for april fyi
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:17:24 GMT
On 10 April 2012 23:39, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2012
>
> Nice, thanks!
>
> In fact with our first months at the Incubator behind us, we no longer
> need to report monthly, just quarterly. Our next report isn't
> scheduled until June, but of course extra reports are always welcome.
>
> Speaking of June timeframe and the only remaining graduation issue
> mentioned in the report, I think it's time for us to start thinking
> about graduation within the next few months.

+1

> The biggest issue along the way is clearly getting the Apache release
> out. I unfortunately haven't been able to spend too much time lately
> reviewing the latest release packages and it looks like my time for
> that will remain a bit limited for at least the near future. Fellow
> mentors, would you have free cycles to help spot any remaining issues?

I'm in a slow month this month so timing is good from my perspective.
Next month will be difficult again.

> Community-wise Cordova feels quite ready for graduation. There were
> some issues as discussed in recent threads about committership and
> related stuff, but most of that is already fine-tuning that falls
> within the power and responsibility of each community to come up with
> their own standards and practices.

My concern is that these issues have been discussed but have not yet
been resolved in terms of project specific process. That's just a
matter of going through the process a couple more times. This is
likely to happen in the coming months and so I don't see a problem.
Furthermore, I recognise the community listen to and respond to mentor
feedback in a positive and constructive manner, so I perceive no long
term problems.

Ross