From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coho script
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 03:21:20 GMT
Even though I +1'ed above - I like the idea of each repo being
"buildable" without any other dependencies, even though it's a dupe. I
realize this is another step for maintainers adding the script in, but
hopefully adhering to a release checklist will help somewhat.

One (tiny) possible problem with the release script auto grabbing the
latest tagged js is, there is a possibility that it just might contain
new changes that hasn't been tested which the maintainer has not
signed off on (ie tested). But we might be able to mitigate this by
always releasing a rc build that gets tested again, before the
"official" release.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Jesse MacFadyen
<purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think having the built js file in each platform is fine, and it
> should just be checked in before tagging/releasing.
> Otherwise both repos have to be in perfect sync at all times.
>
> I see this as a slippery slide towards submodules, which we already
> determined are a bad idea. The more inter-dependencies we create in
> these repos, the more we have to move in lock-step. Some autonomy in
> each repo is IMHO a good thing, and the train gets hitched monthly
> anyway when we release.
>
> I think, at any point in time, developers should be able to go to any
> platform repo, download and build and have a working build.
>
> Cheers,
>  Jesse
>
> Sent from my iPhone5
>
> On 2012-04-13, at 7:00 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> So essentially no more .js file in the native repos?
>>
>> We would need to update the READMEs and point users to the cordova-js repo
>> so they can build it themselves too then ya?
>>
>> On 4/13/12 3:11 PM, "Anis KADRI" <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1

JS