From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: [Android] Getting rid of the bin directory
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:19:03 GMT
> Now, an XML file in these scripts have caused 1.6.1 to exist, which has now
> been extended to Monday,

Thats ok. Bugs manifest. A point release, while a pain in the ass,
isn't the end of the world and a part of doing things right by our
users.

> and have thrown the release schedule out of whack

I do not think it has to.

> such that it looks like I'll have to delay CordovaWebView to 1.8 because it
> probably won't be ready by the end of the month.

Thats ok too. Lets work towards it and get it done when its ready to
ship. Let go of the attachment to a particular date and focus that
quiet rage on the code you want rather than a particular date.

> I don't think moving this into ant is a good idea,

Me either. But wanted to know how you'd approach it. Also: I take
exception to your assertion that Bash is, or ever has been, a flavor
of the month. ;) (And ya I remember the Ruby, then jRuby, then Python,
and then Node attempts.)

> and these helper scripts belong in some tooling repository separate from the Cordova
project.

I disagree but only b/c ppl still use Cordova projects stand alone
instead of simultaneously for all platforms. View this a stepping
stone to a future where that master script finally comes to fruition.