From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CommandLine Tooling Design
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 19:39:58 GMT
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 14:58, Paul Beusterien <paul.beusterien@gmail.com>wrote:

> Who is the primary intended audience for the CLI? Patrick's comments seem
> to indicate add-on tools providers to grow the PhoneGap eco-system.
> Andrew's seem to indicate developers. It could be both, but while the needs
> overlap, they are somewhat different.

For me, the intended audience is developers using PhoneGap to build a
mobile app.  And for folks creating products around Cordova, such as
yourself with AppLaud.  But the actual CLI I think is for the developers
using PhoneGap to build a mobile app.

If it turns out that folks creating products around Cordova can use the
CLI; awesome!  If there's something we can do to make it easier for those
folks; awesome!

Even if the CLI isn't relevant for folks creating products around Cordova,
I suspect that some of the convention/configuration bits that come out of
this effort would be relevant.  Eg, I expect that someone would be able to
transmogrify the CLI into an Eclipse 'thang' and make use of the same
convention/configuration the CLI provides.

For us poor slobs developing Cordova, the CLI tools are something we get to
develop, test, maintain, and use when we build our little mobile apps over
the weekend.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org