From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject testing across all platforms for cordova-js changes
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:45:53 GMT

2012/4/10 Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com>

> Every time any cordova developer touches the common code in cordova-js
> that dev should be testing across all platforms. We have to stop working
> in our little native silos; that is not in the spirit of this project. We
> write a cross-platform tool, any of us need to be comfortable testing on
> all supported platforms.

This doesn't seem practical.

In an ideal world, we'd have something like WebKit's EWS (Early Warning
System):

    http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/EWS

But we aren't there today, and won't be there tomorrow.  How close can we
get though?

Howzabout spinning up a PhoneGap Build-ish server for devs, where you can
somehow submit a branch (from GitHub, Apache, whatever) with your
cordova-js commits on it, and at least get "binaries" back you could test
with a simulator, or on a real device.  The next step would be to run some
tests automagically on them, against some bank of devices, and have them
report back, which seems like a lot of work.  Or do we have friends out
there in the "test your mobile app" space that could help us out with that
bit?

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org