From Patrick Mueller <>
Subject testing across all platforms for cordova-js changes
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:45:53 GMT

2012/4/10 Filip Maj <>

> Every time any cordova developer touches the common code in cordova-js
> that dev should be testing across all platforms. We have to stop working
> in our little native silos; that is not in the spirit of this project. We
> write a cross-platform tool, any of us need to be comfortable testing on
> all supported platforms.

This doesn't seem practical.

In an ideal world, we'd have something like WebKit's EWS (Early Warning

But we aren't there today, and won't be there tomorrow.  How close can we
get though?

Howzabout spinning up a PhoneGap Build-ish server for devs, where you can
somehow submit a branch (from GitHub, Apache, whatever) with your
cordova-js commits on it, and at least get "binaries" back you could test
with a simulator, or on a real device.  The next step would be to run some
tests automagically on them, against some bank of devices, and have them
report back, which seems like a lot of work.  Or do we have friends out
there in the "test your mobile app" space that could help us out with that

Patrick Mueller