From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chicken and the Egg: Proposed process for Corodova JS releases
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:01:29 GMT
On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:19, Bryce Curtis <curtis.bryce@gmail.com> wrote:

> As Joe eluded to, checking cordova-js into the various platform
> repositories holds up the release.  It is also error prone - not to
> mention pushing to each repository every time there is a change takes
> a lot of time & can get out of of sync.
>
> Any thoughts on having the release build script handle this?  As far
> as during normal development and testing, we are all building
> cordova.js anyway, and keep current in our own ways.

Almost seems like the best thing to do is to mark the cordova.js file as a
gitignore, in the platform projects.  If everyone is rebuilding it, in some
kind of live or semi-live fashion in their platform projects, then the
release could also just "do a build" and add it to the archives.  Then it's
NEVER checked in.

Would be kinda weird, as things wouldn't "run out of the box".  Every
platform would need some easy method of building it's cordova.js file in
the right place, and diagnostics going off when you try to run at it's not
there, or whatever.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org