From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: testing across all platforms for cordova-js changes
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:13:32 GMT
On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 14:45, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:

> From the "Chicken and the Egg" thread:
>
> 2012/4/10 Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com>
>
>> Every time any cordova developer touches the common code in cordova-js
>> that dev should be testing across all platforms. We have to stop working
>> in our little native silos; that is not in the spirit of this project. We
>> write a cross-platform tool, any of us need to be comfortable testing on
>> all supported platforms.
>

> This doesn't seem practical.

In lieu of fanciful imaginary auto-testing services, there's something a
little more lightweight that we could do:

   NO COMMITS TO cordova-js x master <x> WEEKS BEFORE WE CUT A RELEASE
   UNLESS YOU RUN ALL TESTS ON ALL PLATFORMS

Let's say <x> == 1, to start with.

At least we won't run into any last minute issues.  Presumably the
cordova-js changes will be lazily tested by all the platforms in a
reasonable amount of time.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org