From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject CommandLine Tooling Design
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 17:10:34 GMT
I've done a little brain dump of what I've been thinking about re: command
line tooling, here:

    http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommandLineToolingDesign

Lots of unanswered questions, design holes, etc, but nice to have at least
much this written down.

There's also lots of assumptions:

- plugins/platforms packaged in a similar way as npm packages
- how the directories are laid out

Those assumptions are what I actually think of as the "command line API",
since I see a 'cordova' command-line utility to be really just a reference
implementation.  If someone wants to be able to do Eclipse tooling for this
kind of structure, they aren't dependent on the command-line tool, but the
structure of the directories and files.

It would be really useful to get feedback from folks who already package
tools around PhoneGap/Cordova, to see if this kind of directory/file
structure is useful/terrible/etc.  Eg, PhoneGap build, AppLaud, WorkLight,
Toura Mobile, etc.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org