From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Android] CordovaWebView: Moving the CallbackServer and PluginManager out of DroidGap
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 23:17:02 GMT
Sorry for late reply Joe!

Looks great! As for outstanding issues as per your wiki article [1], I
would say move everything WebView related, as well as Cordova-specific
such as the plugin manager, into CordovaWebView.java. My thinking here is
that, none of scaffolding necessary to enable device APIs in the web view
should be a burden on the user - the CordovaWebView class should handle
all of that.

It separates the cordova-y bits as something the WEbView needs to manage
on its own, as well, and cleans up the final Activity-extending class to
be simpler. Our end users should not have to worry about that stuff, nor
do they need to see it in their own activities, or the generated
activities the baseline tooling within cordova-android provides.

IMO: history, plugin manager, whitelisting, authentication, should all be
handled by CordovaWebView.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CordovaWebView