From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Cordova-js enhanced platform APIs
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:04:14 GMT

>1. Should we allow platforms to expose API that is not common across
>all platforms or should API always be in common and the platform coded
>to fail gracefully if the API is not supported?

Seems like backwards compatibility is a common theme right now so I
suppose in the interim its acceptable to have platform-specific stuff.
However I would stress that we should strive really hard to factor this
stuff out as much as possible and instead put efforts into extending the
cordova API (down the road; post-1.6)

>2. If we allow platform specific API, is the merge mechanism
>preferable over options in [2]?

Yeah it's convenient, I don't mind it. More declarative than stacking
things into the initialize() method of the platform definition. Although
the include() method signature is getting a little hairy with us tacking
on extra boolean parameters ;D