From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject navigator.orientation API + tests
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:19:31 GMT
Hey all,

In mobile-spec we have a series of tests checking an API available at navigator.orientation
[1]. From what I can tell / remember, this is something that we support as a legacy, as neither
Android or BlackBerry have it but I believe there are leftovers in iOS (before cordova-js
integration) that still have this API.

I do not think it is based on any W3C spec. The closest thing I could find is something the
Geolocation Working Group are drafting up, an event called device orientation [2].

My thinking is, remove this API completely. It is not part of our documentation and as far
as I can tell only iOS supports it right now. Instead, set new tasks to implement the W3C
deviceorientation event (or perhaps come up with a simpler, synchronous API of our own!).

Thoughts?