From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: MAC Address and User Agent
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 19:00:52 GMT
Thanks for the pull requests!

I like the idea of adding cordova/phonegap to the end of the user agent
string. If purely for analytics it makes sense to me. Not entirely
clobbering that string, just adding a "Cordova Web View" or something like
that to the end of the UA string.

Not too sure about the MAC info - it's not part of the W3C spec that we
adhere to for the Connection object. The latest draft of the Connection
object is here:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/network-api/index.html#the-connectio
n-interface

Š whereas we are following the last stable draft which is:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-netinfo-api-20110607/#idl-def-Connection

The MAC address info I think would be more appropriate to leave separate
from the core Cordova network connection API, and implement as a separate
plugin.

Just my $0.02.