From Filip Maj <>
Subject Re: MAC Address and User Agent
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 19:00:52 GMT
Thanks for the pull requests!

I like the idea of adding cordova/phonegap to the end of the user agent
string. If purely for analytics it makes sense to me. Not entirely
clobbering that string, just adding a "Cordova Web View" or something like
that to the end of the UA string.

Not too sure about the MAC info - it's not part of the W3C spec that we
adhere to for the Connection object. The latest draft of the Connection
object is here:

Š whereas we are following the last stable draft which is:

The MAC address info I think would be more appropriate to leave separate
from the core Cordova network connection API, and implement as a separate

Just my $0.02.

On 3/2/12 10:22 AM, "Johnny Ray" <> wrote:

>I didn't see any messages come through here so per the wiki instructions
>I'd like to advocate for my two pull requests I made a couple hours ago:
>Johnny Ray

View raw message