From Drew Walters <deedu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MAC Address and User Agent
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 19:08:08 GMT
I happened to briefly glance at your pull requests and thought I'd
provide some comments which may be helpful for you and any others in
the future.  If you are aware of this already, then please ignore :-)

1. The JS API is a separate project now and work is being done to use
the common cordova-js layer across all platforms.  The cordova.js file
in the Android project was built from the cordova-js project and
copied into the Android project for the 1.5 release.  Development of
JS API needs to occur in the cordova-js project though.  For reference
here is the github mirror and the Apache repo:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-js
    https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-js.git;a=summary

2. Common API changes should have support for all platforms (or at
least more then 1).  We have some instances of platform specific API
but we try to keep them at a minimum and they are done through
platform overrides instead of in the common layer.

3. We try to following specifications where they exist.  I'm not sure
if there is an active specification relating to MAC address (outdated
one here: http://www.w3.org/TR/system-info-api/) but when there is not
a spec we would need to discuss on this thread the proposed API and
come to a collective agreement on it.

Also, looks like your pull request did send a note to the list so that
functionality is working:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=johnny+ray&q=list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev#query:johnny%20ray%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev+page:1+mid:wczkzfspjdyyyu56+state:results

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Johnny Ray <johnny@johnnyray.me> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't see any messages come through here so per the wiki instructions I'd like to
advocate for my two pull requests I made a couple hours ago: