From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tagging 1.5rc friday
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 00:11:38 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Bryce Curtis <curtis.bryce@gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding 1.5.0 as an Apache release.  Do we know how close we are?

Based on my quick review (see the other email) and experience from
other incubating projects I estimate that more than just a few days
are needed.

> What is the list of items required to be official?

The minimum requirements are described in the "What Must Every ASF
Release Contain?" section [1] of the release FAQ [2]. To summarize, a
release needs to a) contain source code, b) be cryptographically
signed [3], and c) comply with the licensing policy. At the moment we
have open issues with at least a) and c).

The Incubator also has more verbose and less normative guide on
release management [4].

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
[3] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html