From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tagging 1.5rc friday
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 23:58:31 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the link to Cordova 1.5.0
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/175074/cordova-1.5.0.zip
> Here is the md5 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/175074/cordova-1.5.0.zip.md5
> Here is the asc http://dl.dropbox.com/u/175074/cordova-1.5.0.zip.asc
>
> Please review them before we move them and make them public.
>
> Jukka, let us know if these files are correct according to Apache.

Unfortunately they're not. Cordova is an open source project, so it
should be releasing *source code*, not binaries. We can release
binaries too, but the primary release artifact needs to be a source
archive from which the binaries can be built. See [1] and [2] for more
details on this.

There seems to be a number of other issues too, starting from the
facts that there's no NOTICE file and that the top-level LICENSE file
mentions no other licenses than ALv2 even though the zip archive
contains IP under many different licenses. Also, I'm not sure where we
stand on the IP review of all our platform components.

We're clearly making progress here, but unfortunately it looks like
there still are quite a few changes that need to be made.

PS. A good place to make rc packages available for review is your
~/public_html directory on people.apache.org [3].

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-source
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain
[3] http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html#personal_web_space

BR,