From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] CordovaWebView: Moving the CallbackServer and PluginManager out of DroidGap
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:33:00 GMT
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Bryce Curtis <curtis.bryce@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, I meant providing your own classes that inherit from our
> CordovaChrome/WebView classes.
>
> From what I've observed recently, addJavascriptInterface is still broken in
> the emulator and on some (maybe small subset) of real phones.

I just tested it on the emulator.  However, I don't think this is an issue
on real phones.  When they wrote the switch, it was meant to allow Android
2.3 to run on crap like the Quench.  So far, I have never seen a phone that
has less than 256 MB of RAM produced, not even the HTC Wildfire (and that
phone sucked!).  I honestly don't think that there's a single Android 2.3
phone that has this bug.

I think I'm going to release an application to prove this point.  FOR
SCIENCE!

Joe