From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] CordovaWebView: Moving the CallbackServer and PluginManager out of DroidGap
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 00:18:36 GMT
OK, I published a test app on Google Play.  I'll post the link once it
actually shows up.  I want people to download and run it on their Android
2.3 devices to see if we can find any that crash!  If so, it'll be recorded
in the Error Report.  That way we can finally know is this is a real bug or
something that only exists in the Emulator.

I'll throw up the code on a repo somewhere as well.  I made sure to use
zero permissions so that it's clear what the app is. (I bet it gets really
crap ratings!).

Joe

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> +1 science
>
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Bryce Curtis <curtis.bryce@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, I meant providing your own classes that inherit from our
> >> CordovaChrome/WebView classes.
> >>
> >> From what I've observed recently, addJavascriptInterface is still
> broken in
> >> the emulator and on some (maybe small subset) of real phones.
> >>

> > I just tested it on the emulator.  However, I don't think this is an
> issue
> > on real phones.  When they wrote the switch, it was meant to allow
> Android
> > 2.3 to run on crap like the Quench.  So far, I have never seen a phone
> that
> > has less than 256 MB of RAM produced, not even the HTC Wildfire (and that
> > phone sucked!).  I honestly don't think that there's a single Android 2.3
> > phone that has this bug.
> >
> > I think I'm going to release an application to prove this point.  FOR
> > SCIENCE!
> >
> > Joe

> &

> WebChromeClient,