From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: endless refactoring of plugins until "Cordova 2.x"
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:25:11 GMT
I have to agree with Pat. There is no way we can continue to support
third party plugins and continue to move PG forward the way we are
working. Adopting two separate streams would be a good idea.

We can't keep on with the dichotomy where on one hand we tell people
that if PhoneGap is missing some functionality to go write a plugin
while on the other hand we tell them third party plugins are not
supported and could get broken on every new release.

We should pick a point in the future, 2.0 sounds good, to introduce a
new plugin API that will break the plugins once and only once while on
the 1.X stream each new release will support the plugins already
written.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald