From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re: [VOTE] Tim Kim as committer
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:27:15 GMT
On 23 March 2012 17:09, Filip Maj <> wrote:
> I'm confused as to why we have to have *any* barriers to entry, especially
> if the community votes on committership anyways.

Don't take my comments to indicate that their should be barriers, as I
said I'm a fan of low barriers.

> I would be a fan of a "if x people vote +1, and no one voted -1, let the
> person in" mentality.

That's the recommended practice for all ASF projects. Nothing I said
suggests I'm saying this should be otherwise does it?

What I asked for is for someone on this project to document what is
expected of a contributor who is a candidate for committership. I did
not say such a document should make it hard. Therefore I'm a little
confused by your question below. Please restate if I'm missing your

View raw message