From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: endless refactoring of plugins until "Cordova 2.x"
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:31:23 GMT
I haven't done any JavaScript shims but I've eased the pain for users
needing to use plugins by adding compatibility headers for all the
PhoneGap/Cordova versions out there (0.96 to 1.5.0). See my plugin in
this issue and its README:

These compat. headers I include in CordovaLib but is so far
undocumented. What the procedure is, you would write a plugin meant
for 1.6.0 (ie the latest version), and for older version support, a
dev would included the appropriate compatibility headers.

It's working great so far for the CDVLocalStorage plugin - from the
same plugin code base (one .m and .h) through the compat. headers,
everything just works with older versions as well. I assume we can do
something similar for JavaScript as well (shims).

Shaz