From Shazron <>
Subject Re: Looks like major changes to Capture spec
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:35:00 GMT
I think image is just part of video (one frame of the video stream).

If you take a look at:
and search for "photo" on the page, it looks like that is the intent.
Prob it works like this - when taking a photo, the video stream is
dumped to the canvas, then the user will click a button that can dump
the current canvas to an image (canvas. toDataURL)

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Becky Gibson <> wrote:
> from the W3C newsletter:
> The Media Capture API Note Published
>   22 March 2012 | Archive
>   The Device APIs Working Group has published a Group Note of
>   "The Media Capture API." This specification defined an
>   Application Programming Interface (API) that provided access to
>   the audio, image and video capture capabilities of the device.
>   Development on it has stopped, and further work is taking place
>   as part of “getusermedia: Getting access to local devices that
>   can generate multimedia streams”. Learn more about the
>   Ubiquitous Web Applications Activity.
> Not sure what will happen to image capture as I quick read of the
> getUserMedia shows just audio and video.

View raw message