From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apple rejecting apps that access the device's UUID
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 18:40:04 GMT
You won't need to change your javascript code. The change will be
transparent to you (it's an Obj-C change).

This is tricky however, since generating this uuid only works if the
storage we use is persistent. I can use the iOS keychain, but if a
user deletes their app / or never backs it up, we'll have to generate
a new one, which may screw with your app logic. Which brings me to the
point - don't depend on this being truly unique anymore.

iCloud key-value storage might be a solution but I really don't want
to add another dependency, and your users might not want to use
iCloud.

It might sound like a trivial fix, but the best thing is, to modify
your code to NOT depend on the uuid anymore, since it might change
(for all the reasons mentioned above).