From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Plan for device specific APIs?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:45:39 GMT
What is the plan for the device specific APIs that have existed in the
platform JS files?  For example,  iOS has a more efficient api for watching
the compass heading,  watchHeadingFilter and clearWatchFilter.  iOS also
has apis for bringing up the native contact picker to display, select or
edit a contact.   Are we still going to provide those in the device
specific js files? Will they become "general" plugins?  Perhaps an optional
"core" plugin?  I don't think we should lose this functionality and it
should somehow be available with 1.6.

-becky