From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plan for device specific APIs?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:09:18 GMT
Not to belabor the point but I want to make sure we all understand the
details.

The whole idea behind changing the iOS implementation is to make it more
efficient and NOT use a timer to request the heading.  However, the
watchHeading Javascript is written to repeatedly call the device getHeading
api based on a timer.   In order to implement the more iOS specific version
with a filter option I will need iOS specific JavaScript code.   This code
would use the standard timer implementation if no filter parameter if
provided but would call out to the iOS watchHeadingFilter device
implementation if one is provided.

Thus, there are no additional JavaScript apis for iOS, the optional
implementation is hidden in the existing watchFilter api.  However, it does
have the implication that iOS will now have a device specific
implementation of the JavaScript watchHeading definition.  I assume folks
are comfortable with that?

-becky