From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: command line tooling, and plugin design wiki pages
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:14:10 GMT
yah. there is tonnes of prior art for this stuff. I will update the
wiki but quickly

https://github.com/brianleroux/Cordova/tree/b816aacfb7583174be9f44f71dc32c8465d13109
was stable

then other things happened. those scripts ended up in the mainline
projects. the idea was a standard package format for a project and
upgrading would consist only of swapping out the bin directory. the
scripts would live local the project avoiding version hell between
releases.

this new thinking is different. we now think the native project as it
were should host its own scripts. upgrading not a consideration. maybe
it should be. you're thinking of a master global script, which is cool
and something I've always wanted, but the version thing needs to be
considered. perhaps not an issue between releases if the native
project (the target of www) deals with the version itself...

anyhow, lots to chew on there. phone call or, better, F2F might help