From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Proposal - Separate 2.x Git Branch
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:34:32 GMT
Moreso july is somewhat arbitrarily around the OSCON which is when we
all happen to be in Portland. Its a good excuse for a summertime beer
with friends. =)

Really, I like to think what we're doing is 'rolling releases' with
one overarching goal and bunch of mini goals to get there. Do a little
Google around on 'release train'. It what we've been doing though some
might argue we haven't spent enough time 'hardening'. I'd disagree
given our bugs are around things like 'need better docs' and not
epic-fail-code-no-compile type business. *shrug

Its what ubuntu, firefox, chrome and others do. I'm not saying do
stuff b/c everyone else is; but its a far better model than 'release
when its done' aka 'release every 2 years or so' or worse. Working on
a blog post to describe my thoughts on the benefits vs the drawbacks
of the approach.

Rather than releasing too early, or too late, just release on a
regular schedule. Thats the basic premise.