From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plan for device specific APIs?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:45:25 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:09, Becky Gibson <gibson.becky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not to belabor the point but I want to make sure we all understand the
> details.
>
> ... details ...
>
> Thus, there are no additional JavaScript apis for iOS, the optional
> implementation is hidden in the existing watchFilter api.  However, it does
> have the implication that iOS will now have a device specific
> implementation of the JavaScript watchHeading definition.  I assume folks
> are comfortable with that?

+1

As long as the programming interface is the same as other platforms (modulo
'platform-specific' option properties), and the behavior is the same as
other platforms, platforms should be able to replace the 'common'
implementation with their own.

Perhaps it will get tricky when folks want to leverage 'common' code in
platform-specific versions of their plugins.  We'll see.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org