From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tag 1.6rc1 fri
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:59:38 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 17:39, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> any objections?

OK, I'll object.  :-)

It feels like we just cut 1.5 last week - actually, it was 2!! whole weeks
ago [1].

Kind of caught me by surprise there.

I think I'd like to see a little more rigor around a 'release'.  I guess
I'm thinking a wiki page per release might be appropriate, providing
planned release dates, rc release dates, content, known breaking changes,
that sort of thing.

Using Jira planning facilities would be fine as well - but seems like
overkill to me.  Even if we don't do the 'planning' using Jira, I wouldn't
mind a bug-per-release, just so I can watch it, see it in my dashboard
every day, and hopefully it'll have a link to the wiki page in it.

I think we've talked about 'release cadence' before, and perhaps it would
be good to note our current story on that, up on the wiki as well.  I was
thinking it was 6 weeks.  Maybe the rc release cut is fine, if we're doing
4 more weeks of testing, but I just don't know what the schedule is.

[1] http://phonegap.com/2012/03/06/phonegap-1-5-released/

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org