From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CB-280 - Improve layout of cordova-js scripts
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 19:18:30 GMT
OK, I have a 'preview' version of the restructuring available in branch
CB-280 at both apache [1] and my fork of the apache repo at Github [2].

I think the thing everyone will want to look at is the new directory
structure, which is really all the CB-280 bug [3] is about - use Github to
look at it.  It's "deeper" than the old structure, but less "bushy", I
suppose.  The nice thing about it is, you can look at any files' name,
which I often do in text editors, etc, and realize what the module id is
for that file - the path up to the cordova directory.

The packager could be made a little cleaner by moving the stray
"require('cordova')" call into bootstrap, but I specifically did not want
to make any plugin changes with this fix.  There's also those 'stray'
bootstrap-<platform>.js files that can be cleaned up, but I left a little
hack in there to handle them for now.

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-js.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/CB-280
[2] https://github.com/pmuellr/incubator-cordova-js/tree/CB-280