From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject JIRA dashboard widgets
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:28:46 GMT
I just noticed this on my JIRA dashboard:

    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7047/6880535202_006c6e502d_o.jpg

Bummer that these are transient images that I had to 'paste' to flickr.  :-(

And let me start off by saying I'm not concerned about the "redness" of the
graphic.  It's not clear what it's even showing me.  For instance, I'm in a
habit of closing issues, but not resolving them.  So, I'm guessing the
created vs closed graph would look "less red".

What I'm really wondering is if we're annotating our issues, or if we want
to, in such a way that we could do some potentially more meaningful graphs.
 For instance, it would be interesting to see "issues created for version
x.y.z vs. issues closed for version x.y.z".  But you actually just want to
see the differential of those values, in which case the lifetime of such a
chart for would look more "bell curve" shaped than "increasing monotonic".
 Give you sort of an idea of how much work went on.  Kinda.  Maybe not.
 Maybe how close we are to finishing a release?

This would likely require diligence in annotating issues.  Which I'll admit
is a quality I don't have.  :-)

Not out of the question we could do this during "planning" calls though.

And then, in general, has anyone found any other JIRA dashboard widgets to
be useful?  I currently have four lists of issues on the left hand side of
my dashboard: Watched Issues, Assigned to Me, Filtered results for a
"weinre" filter I created, Filtered results for a "opened by me" filter
(that I couldn't believe I had to create myself - nothing built-in for
this?).  Between those 4, I typically can find anything I'm looking for,
fairly quickly.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org