From Patrick Mueller <>
Subject Re: CB-280 - Improve layout of cordova-js scripts
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:57:39 GMT
OK, I pushed the changes up to my github clone:

Nice, flat directory trees.  The commit comment is below.

Any more sheds to paint?  I need to test this on Android and iOS, but think
it's ready to be committed.  I'll need to fetch the latest master, rebase,
rebuild, and then commit.  This will leave anyone with commits outstanding
with some "directory move" merges to make, so ...

===== snip =====
2nd try at file refactoring
So, this time, I moved the 'lib' directory to 'lib0'
for the time being, and use the script 'build/'
to rebuild a new 'lib' directory.

That directory has the following contents:

    lib/android     - platform specific
    lib/blackberry  - platform specific
    lib/common      - common modules
    lib/cordova.js  - base cordova module
    lib/errgen      - platform specific
    lib/ios         - platform specific
    lib/playbook    - platform specific
    lib/scripts     - platform specific
    lib/test        - common scripts (not modules)
    lib/webworks    - platform specific
    lib/wp7         - platform specific

All the files in lib/ with the exception of lib/scripts are
modules, and they're all sitting at the same 'level'.  So, to
build a copy of the source modules for android, you can do
the following:

    cp -R lib/common  gen/android
    cp -R lib/android gen/android

'platform specific' files overwrite any 'common' files,
per the order of the cp commands above.

Patrick Mueller