From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tagging 1.5rc friday
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:57:11 GMT
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 14:32, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> We've not documented plugins and made no commitments to the plugin
> arch. This isn't a breaking change. Its an evolutionary change.
> Plugins will break, and those are not officially, nor ever where,
> supported.

The big downside as I see it, is that as android plugin devs move from
pre-1.5 to 1.5 to post-1.5, they'll be working with possibly 3 different
APIs - that's assuming the "API" changes from 1.5 to post-1.5.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 14:34, Bryce Curtis <curtis.bryce@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a critical bug with maintaining compatibility for non-core plugins
> for Android that we have a fix for.  Simon will be dropping it today, and
> I'd like to get that in to release 1.5.  IMHO compatibility makes sense to
> maintain until all platforms migrate to cordova-js.

If there's something simple we can do to keep Android plugin-devs from
having to change their code - outside of s/PhoneGap/Cordova/g - that seems
like it might make sense.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

--
Patrick Mueller