From Roland Avelino <lanavel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: platform 'errgen'
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:19:51 GMT
Hi Patrick,

This is what I would like to see as well with PhoneGap in the future, to
support the desktop platform as a form of a mobile platform since there
still exists a large number of devices in the netbook/ultrabook form.

Does Cordova really need to remove the native-ness functionality and opt
for the framework to _just_ work in a desktop browser? Perhaps, we could
support/opt to utilise HTML5 features like Geolocation/Storage (which
already exists in Cordova). But, how will we support browsers that do not
provide the HTML5 features, through poly-fills? So instead of:

> build a platform that doesn't require ANY native code, so that you could
> use it in
> the browser.  Since the Cordova 'APIs' have to do >something< I decided I'd
> have them all return errors.

Is there a future for Cordova to support the Desktop platform with most of
it's Mobile _native_ features supported, e.g., Geolocation, Storage, etc.?

Regards,
Lan