From Johnny Ray <joh...@johnnyray.me>
Subject Re: MAC Address and User Agent
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 19:29:42 GMT
Awesome. I'm still working to get the equivalent MAC functionality on the iOS side. Hopefully
with the big two, I'll have a better chance of getting in the master branch. Also, I'll work
to get the JS changes in the appropriate project. In terms of the core API change there looks
to be a specification for the mac address of the current connection but my change returns
all of the device's interfaces and their mac addresses. Any feedback on how to approach this
would be great.

--
Johnny Ray
http://johnnyray.me/

On Friday, March 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Drew Walters wrote:

> I happened to briefly glance at your pull requests and thought I'd
> provide some comments which may be helpful for you and any others in
> the future. If you are aware of this already, then please ignore :-)
>
> 1. The JS API is a separate project now and work is being done to use
> the common cordova-js layer across all platforms. The cordova.js file
> in the Android project was built from the cordova-js project and
> copied into the Android project for the 1.5 release. Development of
> JS API needs to occur in the cordova-js project though. For reference
> here is the github mirror and the Apache repo:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-js
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-js.git;a=summary
>
> 2. Common API changes should have support for all platforms (or at
> least more then 1). We have some instances of platform specific API
> but we try to keep them at a minimum and they are done through
> platform overrides instead of in the common layer.
>
> 3. We try to following specifications where they exist. I'm not sure
> if there is an active specification relating to MAC address (outdated
> one here: http://www.w3.org/TR/system-info-api/) but when there is not
> a spec we would need to discuss on this thread the proposed API and
> come to a collective agreement on it.
>
> Also, looks like your pull request did send a note to the list so that
> functionality is working:
>
> http://markmail.org/search/?q=johnny+ray&q=list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev#query:johnny%20ray%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev+page:1+mid:wczkzfspjdyyyu56+state:results
>
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Johnny Ray <johnny@johnnyray.me (mailto:johnny@johnnyray.me)>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I didn't see any messages come through here so per the wiki instructions I'd like
to advocate for my two pull requests I made a couple hours ago: