From Tommy Williams <>
Subject Re: tag 1.6rc1 fri
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 01:09:09 GMT
+1 (million)

The response not to use the bleeding edge when people complain about things breaking rings
a little false when they have to ask on IRC or the Google Group to find a way to even GET
one of the older "less bleeding edge" releases.

The number of times I have had to point people to the tags on GitHub is upsetting.

I believe wholeheartedly in "ship early, ship often", but I think an official "stable release"
would go a long way to easing tension in the community as a whole.

The Google Group for instance used to be full of people trying to do a particular thing in
PhoneGap (Cordova), now it's largely people just trying to get it to work at all. Brian's
blog post should help with that if we help get the post in front of people, but I worry about
the long term damage that could be done by making this project "just too hard" for devs that
aren't intimately involved and following the project fairly closely.

tl;dr version: Agree on the need for an official 'stable' as well as 'bleeding edge' download.

Tommy-Carlos Williams